Well here is the story...
It was on Friday 8/8/08. Alan and I had been planning to go to Park City to do the zip line before summer was over and we had to go back to school. He came and picked me up from my house and took his camera case out of his pocket and said "I brought my camera but brings your camera too cause it takes better pictures." So I grabbed my camera and we were on our way. Once we got to Park City we got in line to get our tickets for the zip line but we missed the ride up so we had to wait an hour before the next one went up. So we decided to go to dinner. We went to a little restaurant in the resort and it was really good. They had the best french fries!
After dinner we got on the lift and headed up the mountain to do the zip line. While riding up we were on the lift with a guy who worked there and they take your picture while your riding up on the lift and he tried to get out of the way. When we got to the top we went to look at our picture but they couldn't crop out the guy who worked there so Alan said " Why don't we go take our own pictures." So we were trying to take pictures of ourselves and get the background behind us. Alan said we needed to get a better view and took me to part of the mountain where there was no one around. He told me that he wanted to take a picture with his camera and reach for his camera case. Instead of pulling out a camera he pulled out a ring box and got on one knee. I was so excited that before he even officially asked me to marry him I said yes! Alan was so sweet and everything he said was perfect! We were both so excited and I couldn't stop staring at my ring! It was beautiful! We went and got in line for the zip line and headed down the mountain! We always joke that the zip line was fun but neither of us can really remember it because nothing could compare to what had happen 5 Min's before.
When we got down to the bottom they were taking me out of my harness and said I had something waiting for me. Alan had two dozen pink and red roses waiting for me! They were beautiful and I was so excited! We took more pictures and spent the night calling our families and spreading the great news!
That is the story of how we got engaged!
Here are some pictures from that night...
Hey, way to go, adding something to your blog! See, I told you it's easy. I'm glad you include all the details when you tell it, it's cute.
ReplyDelete